The purpose of this position is to lead the $11m Youth Empowerment through Agriculture consortium in Uganda including the local NCBA CLUSA field team as well as four additional partners in order to achieve the program objectives as set out by the MasterCard Foundation. This position requires excellent coordination of staff from all consortium members, a strong ability to track program progress and manage complex budgets and financial requirements, as well as a thorough understanding of the youth context within Uganda. The YETA Chief of Party will be required to familiarize himself/herself with MasterCard Foundation rules and regulations as well as NCBA CLUSA internal policies in order to manage effectively and compliantly. Additionally, he/she will be accountable for the successful implementation of all program activities within the project scope. With the support of other management staff, the YETA Chief of Party r will have primary responsibility for the implementation and management of the lead award. This position ensures that project is implemented with high quality in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards and with its technical approach and principles. S/He will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are being uniformly implemented throughout the project. As the head administrator for the project, the Chief of Party will direct all in-country activities and will be the primary point of contact for the project donor. The Chief of Party r will ensure optimal strategic direction and achievement of program objectives for NCBA CLUSA as well as compliance with NCBA CLUSA program quality standards and US government administrative and financial requirements.
• Serves as NCBA CLUSA’s top representative and executive in Uganda by establishing and/or maintaining excellent working relationships with donors, government officials at all levels, the private sector, the customers of the project, suppliers, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, and other rural and financial development practitioners;
• Serves as the project’s main field contact point with MasterCard Foundation;
• Maintains constant communications with the home office, reporting on implementation progress and challenges encountered;
• Recruits, trains and motivates top professional talent within Uganda;
• Designs, negotiates, and executes annual project work plans;
• Oversees project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, including participating in the design of PMP and M&E system;
• Manages and develops internal controls, policies and procedures that are in-line with MasterCard Foundation and NCBA CLUSA compliance regulations, or other donor regulation as necessary;
• Supervises the management of sub-grants including overseeing the submission of their deliverables in a timely manner;
• Oversees project budget to ensure it remains on track and ensures that all financial systems are functioning properly and in compliance with NCBA CLUSA regulations;
• Provides leadership, advice, and mentoring of support staff and project partners;
• Designs, market tests, and ramps up the delivery of new and innovative farming systems, (particularly conservation farming and youth engagement) marketing strategies, and the accompanying tools;
• Provides leadership, advice, and mentoring of youth associations, credit and microfinance institutions, and cooperatives;
• Prepares project implementation and impact reports and other programming/project documents as needed for the effective oversight by head office and marketing of NCBA achievements and capabilities;
• Represents NCBA at national, international, and regional conferences and donor meetings, at request of the NCBA supervisor.
More information & Application: NCBA