Recruiter: Girl Effect
We are looking for a talented creative and strategic thinker to work with the wider team to continue to grow the impact of the Ni Nyampinga brand through the Ni Nyampinga magazine, radio show, mobile platform and other future channels. This is a dynamic role working with GHR’s cross-functional team (Brand, Communications, Monitoring, Learning & Research (MLR), and Girl Specialists) and local / international research partners to unearth, distil and share insights, ensuring that Ni Nyampinga continues to be a world-class, innovative and effective social communications initiative. The Insights Manager will also co-manage our Girl Hub Research Unit (GRU), a group of young Rwandan women who have been trained in qualitative research. This role works very closely with the global team in London who support best in class thinking on behaviour change theory. The Insights Manager will play a key part in ensuring that all products, initiatives and communications are integrated, on-strategy and resonate with relevant audiences, disseminating key insights findings across Girl Hub.
- Be the voice of Rwandan teen culture in order to inform Ni Nyampinga’s brand strategy, inspiring outstanding creative work and informing key policy or programming partners;
- Champion the role of insights in Girl Hub. Bring insights excellence to each creative initiative or project on an on-going basis, ensuring these are on-strategy (in-keeping with our country pillars) and resonating with our girl audience. Apply this thinking to all brand strategy, content and partnership work;
- Pull out and distil key learnings from research that help evolve our understanding of girls and their needs. Present these as insightful, focused presentations and briefs to share with local and global Girl Hub teams;
- Lead on specific strategies and projects for the Ni Nyampinga brand, for example how Ni Nyampinga will leverage mobile to further the reach and impact of the brand, or how the Ni Nyampinga brand will work with the 12+ programme to enhance the experience for girls;
- Be responsible for the development of creative briefs to inform the direction of social communications work, ensuring that Ni Nyampinga existing and future products complement one another. Build a strong relationship with Ni Nyampinga product leads (Editor & Radio Producer, outsourced functions), ensuring girl insights are integral to product development;
- Manage the Local Insights Associate Manager to lead day-to-day projects and achieve set objectives;
- Integrate consumer insights into the country plan and activity including the programmes that GHR catalyzes, e.g. 12+, Girls Thrive, etc.
- Work as part of a cross-functional integrated management team responsible for delivering the Girl Hub Rwanda strategic work plan;
- Alongside the MRL Manager, capacity-build and manage the GRU. Be responsible for their skills development, ensuring their work and findings from the field are valid and useful;
- Work with MLR Senior Manager to ensure that Ni Nyampinga’s is informed by a robust Monitoring & Learning framework, working alongside the MLR team to evidence and articulate Ni Nyampinga’s ‘Theory of Change’;
- Co-manage budget with MLR Senior Manager;
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure that the storytelling around the Ni Nyampinga brand platform is authentic and insightful;
- Liaise with all country Communications teams around the distribution of select insights and learnings;
- With the Girl Hub Rwanda and London teams, build and develop relationships with key partners, ensuring that Ni Nyampinga and Girl Hub has a strong reputation amongst the development community.
Closing date: 06/04/2015
More informations & Application: Girl Hub