Under the supervision of the Regional Program Director, the Governance and Compliance Sr. Advisor supports program activities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Burundi and other countries in the Great Lakes Region of Africa. This senior role is of pivotal importance to Pact’s programs in the Region, particularly those in Pact’s Mines to Markets portfolio.
The Sr. Advisor will have a key role in Pact’s work in conflict-free mineral supply chains, including the ITRI Tin Supply Chain Initiative (iTSCi), contributing to the integrity and assurance of project work in this space.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the iTSCi Regional Director with strategic planning, political engagement, media engagement and other external relations
- Supporting the iTSCi Reporting & Data team with following-up on incidents and infractions of the mineral traceability and due diligence system
- Carrying out feasibility studies and contributing to Political Economy Analyses as required
- Reviewing, updating and supporting the implementation of country-level security plans for the Region; facilitating training on security issues as needed; supporting the Regional Senior Program Director in liaising with Pact HQ on security
- Coordinating and communicating between project managers on key issues relating to incident protocols and reporting, security measures, communications standards
- Representing Pact and iTSCi as required in local, national, regional and international forums
- Ensure the cost-effective use of Pact resources
- Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies and regulations
Closing date: 27/03/2015
More informations & Application: The Guardian